Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Reese and I are having so much fun going to Disneyland every week. We were able to ride a few new rides that I have never been on before. We started out in California Adventure because we wanted to go on the Toy Story ride first, but there was already a long line. Apparently everyone else wanted to ride that one first too. So we went on the carousel twice. The first time I rode on the fish with Reese and the second time we sat on the bench. All of these kid rides seem to go in circles, so it makes me sick if I try to watch Reese's face instead of looking up and out. Which is sad because I love watching the excitement on Reese's face. I have to take quick glances so I don't miss her facial expressions or get sick.


The Ferris Wheel 
Reese loved looking out over my shoulder while holding onto the metal wiring. 


We also went on Winnie the Pooh and the Astro Orbitor (it's like Dumbo, only faster and the rockets you sit in are narrower.) While we were standing in line, the worker announced that all riders, no matter how old, must be wearing shoes or socks. I knew they were looking at us because Reese was barefoot. Mandy left to check her bag to see if she had socks I could borrow and the worker came over to me to make sure that I heard the announcement. Luckily Mandy did have a pair of socks with her! That is the first ride so far that I have heard that restriction. 

Next, we visited the Fantasy Faire to see if we could meet some of the princesses. Once again, the line was way too long. On our way out of the park, we saw Cinderella sitting in the shade with hardly any people around her. We hurried on over to her for some pictures. I was so excited that my little princess finally got to meet a Disney princess. 


Cinderella was so sweet and kept Reese on her lap for quite a while. I felt like I should be rushed because other people were starting to line up, but Cinderella didn't rush us at all. She played with her for a little bit and Reese was fascinated with her gloves.




No comments: