Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekly trips to Disneyland? Yes please! Today quite a few moms and kids from our ward went to Disneyland. Reese woke up quite early, so I thought she would sleep in the car. Well, no such luck. She was too excited sitting next to Avonlea. After we rode the tram from the parking lot to the park, we had a nice long walk to California Adventure and then on to the pier so we could go on the Toy Story ride. Reese fell asleep on the walk over, which was okay because the Toy Story ride ended up being closed. I took advantage of Reese's nap, and went with Mandy on the California Screamin' roller coaster. Even better, there wasn't a line. Carlee, another friend of ours and who also happens to be pregnant, gladly watched Reese for me. It has been so long since I have ridden a roller coaster and it was awesome! I loved every minute of it! We were on the front row.



Since Reese was still asleep, everyone else went on the Ariel ride. I found a nice little bench to sit on and within minutes, the Phineas and Ferb truck showed up and started performing right in front of us. The music was so loud. I quickly pushed Reese away to find another bench, but of course she didn't stay asleep for much longer. It was time to feed her and change her diaper anyways, so we went and found the family care area while everyone else went on a few rides in Bugs land. We met up again and walked over to Disneyland. We saw Chip and Dale on the way, but Reese wasn't too sure what we were looking at.

On the tea cups with our friend Carlee


After the tea cups, we rode Dumbo. There was a long line and we ended up having to wait about 20 minutes. It seemed longer because we were in the sun a lot while in line and I was holding Reese the whole time. She definitely remembered this ride from last week. She immediately grabbed for the black knob to move the dumbo up and down. Then we ate lunch, and headed over to the Winnie the Pooh ride. Well, Reese fell asleep again on the walk, so we missed the ride and getting pictures with Tigger, Eeyore and Pooh bear. That's okay. We will have plenty of opportunities in the next year to have pictures taken and go on all the rides.


Back seat buddies






1 comment:

Kirby and Tara Farnsworth said...

Seriously that dang dumbo ride!! Haha! Why is that line not shaded?! That was Annaka's favorite last time we went...and Tea cups are always fun!

I'm so Happy you keep your blog updated...I didn't realize till just now! I love it!

I love you get to go to Disneyland...I be home with Reese! Such a blessing for you! I want a family Vaca to D-land someday!! I missing you all! Enjoy a day for us one of these times :)

LOVES!