Friday, October 11, 2013

Reese and I got to go to Disneyland today with grandma and grandpa Whitehead, Becky, Brady and Bennett. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. 

Reese and Grandpa getting ready to ride It's a Small World


At the end of the ride, all of the boats were backed up and we had to wait to unload. We were bumper to bumper. Not quite sure how it happened, but our boat almost capsized while we were waiting! All of a sudden, the boat started tipping to the right side. Reese and I were sitting on the right side and I stuck my hand out onto the cement curbing to help keep us from tipping over. It was so crazy (and funny afterward). I have never had that experience before. Becky was behind us and she grabbed onto the curbing as well. We were convinced we would have tipped into the water had we not stuck our hands out to catch the boat.

We made our way into Toon town to meet some characters. Reese handled it a little better this time...as long as I was between her and the character.

We met Mickey,


and Goofy,


and Donald Duck!


After lunch, Reese decided it was nap-time. It was the perfect opportunity to go on a big kid ride. The Hollywood Tower of Terror is my absolute favorite and it has been 2 years since the last time I went on it. Becky and Brady accompanied me and it was a blast! It made my day!


Reese relaxing on the stroller ride back to the parking lot. 
I loved looking down into the stroller and seeing her little ankles crossed.



Dinnertime fun


Reese picked out a jar of sweet potatoes from the cupboard for dinner. I seated her in the high chair and turned around to get the spoon from off the counter. Reese was holding the glass jar with both hands, so I thought it safe to let her hold it while I grabbed the spoon. Well, after I turned back around, she had the jar raised in one hand. It was like slow motion as her hand released the jar. I tried to reach for it, but it smashed to the ground sending glass and sweet potatoes everywhere. Luckily, most of it landed on the tile. How can you get mad at such a cute little face peering over the high chair tray at you wondering what happened? I learned my lesson. No more games of drop and pick-up with glass objects.

No comments: