Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Endeavour

I wanted to see the Endeavour shuttle before we moved from Los Angeles, and today I can cross that off of my bucket list.


Reese feeling the front tires








The perimeter of the hanger was covered with the timeline of each shuttle's missions. The Challenger was lost 5 months before I was born. My mom remembers watching the Challenger launch and explode on TV while she was sitting in the doctor's office pregnant with me.



It was amazing to see all the tiles along the bottom of the shuttle that were specifically placed and pieced together. Certain tiles were located in certain areas because each tile was designed to withstand a certain degree of heat. 



We explored the California Science Center and found an ice wall. After holding our hand on the wall for 5 seconds, the worker would compare the temperatures of both our hands. I was surprised to see Reese hold her hand on the wall.





Reese playing with her stuffed Endeavour that she got from Grampa Dennis


No comments: